Monday, November 28, 2016

"One on One with Mari"




Happy 36th Birthday to ME!!!!!!!.....

So here is my yearly birthday speech as usual..... Some things will never change.....
and because stopping for a moment and reflecting on the changes, growth, new and old doors (opening and closing), new found and lost love, pain, discovering places within that have healed and some other places that need some more healing attention, reflecting in all of that and more, it really does good to the soul sometimes.

So, allowed me this year to give you a......
"One on One with Mari"

If we were to sit across from each other at a coffee table, I probably would share with you that my heart ached this year quite a bit, in fact, a Whole lot, in occasions. But I have learned to find Joy even through pain because of the mighty King that stands right beside me.
I would also tell you that this year I actually fell in love for the first time in a very long time, with someone special that I met and quickly learned to care. This person brought beautiful things to light about myself that I actually had forgotten. We shared moments that I will always cherish, we really grew a beautiful friendship together. But I knew he was not the one, my spirit convicted me because I know I ought to honor God, myself and my family. I knew I have to let go of the grasp because of Chastity, because I had to make a decision of following through with upholding God's values in a broken society that confuses us to sometimes settle for less because of certain voids we want to fill in our lives. I would tell you that with a heart made pieces and my eyes full of tears, I chose God this year again. 
And you know, sometimes choosing God is not unicorns shooting rainbows. And even though my heart was shattered by the "slam of that door", I can also show you God's other side of the coin.

He in turn opened a Big and amazing door for me to start College, to serve in a Church that encourages people to nurture their Value in ourselves and in others. 
He gave me even more meaningful and fruitful friendships that push me and help me grow in Him. 
Not only He has given me the opportunity to start school again, but He has provided me with the ability to manage my time, He has challenged me and help me grow to make it work. He continues to give me a sharp mind daily to help me succeed in my assignments. And would you know that I had no idea how I was going to fund my school, but I didn't question Him and today I can testify that God has funded me completely this semester. I also received confirmation just last week before Thanksgiving that I was being selected for and got APPROVED a scholarship on TOP of the one I already had for this school year because of my academics. Which means that I am COMPLETELY not funded but -over funded -for my Spring Semester without this semester even been over. He never ceases to amaze me. 
And well this is why I choose Joy, because in the midst of my heartbreak, in the midst of my longing for companionship, God continues to teach me that He was, is and Will Be the ONLY filling source in my life. I have so many things to be thankful for, I have so many things to be excited about that I can deal with letting go of my own grasp. I will continue to "drop my own will" to pick up His will every single day! 

I pray that God will keep me focused in the path He has set for me. I pray that he continues to give me a sharp and alert Spirit of Discernment for His will. I pray that He places more people in my life to plant His seed. 

So this week I will joyfully celebrate my 6th anniversary of my 30th Birthday, in between lunches and dinners with beautiful friends, in between Sisterhood, Church family gatherings, dancing and of course many glasses of wine 🍷🍷..
***Cheers to MEEEE... cheers to another Year, Cheers to pushing to new heights, Cheers to following new and scary dreams... CHEERS to those who continue to being part of my life!***

I love you with all my heart!!! 💕💕💕😘😘😘😘😘
**Besos*** 


"I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings"-- Jeremiah 17:10--

Yes, Lord search my heart, try the reins....

Thank you Jesus!! 🙏🙏💓💓



No comments:

Post a Comment