Sunday, March 23, 2014

Celebrating Healing and Freedom

It has been a while since I posted on my blog.
 Life's been busy and challenging... In a good way this time. :-) 
I can't believe it's been 2 years in FL already, I still miss Cali but I'm excited of how well things are turning out here for all of us. 
Just recently I've decided to attempt finish reading this book:

"Why does He do that? Inside the minds of Angry and Controlling Men" by Lundy Brancroft




It was reccomended to me years ago by a great friend of mine.. My dear Katy who was and still is such a great support to me while going through my separation. 
 At the time, I was not yet strong enough to digest all the information and got very overwhelmed, so I stopped reading it and put it away.  
But, recently after a few conversations and some experiences other friends are going through, I remembered and decided to dig into it. After almost 4 years of freedom and challenges I am at a healthy place in my life where I can process and digest all this information. And the wonderful thing is that it has made me realize how much I have healed and moved forward from that past experience. I'm still on the road of emotional healing and recovery, but I can sure confirm that I'm emotional, spiritual and physically healthy in the midst of my past.  I made the decision to make changes in my life, to stand up for myself and the things that are not right. I now surround myself with people that respect me and understand my value and I eliminated the people in my life that did not appreciate me and decided to build my foundation with God. 

It's a great book and I encourage anyone to read it. Whether married, single, in a relationship, going through a divorce or even if you have a teenage daughter. I wished I had this book in my hands as a teenager, but with my life experiences, knowledge and wisdom, I know better now to not JUMP into a relationship or something quick, only for the simple fact of feeling lonely or desperate for some attention....<<< Amen! For that...;-) 

Choosing the road to be free of abuse is not an easy one, especially if it entails becoming a single mother and dealing with your healing and tending of  precious little ones. 
But I am a living proof that it can be done. 

Being single is not easy at times too, but it is always good to remember to enjoy the seasons of your life as they are only temporary. 
While on this season, I have learn a lot about myself... I've been determined to find myself again, to nurture my desires and to focus on becoming the person I am destined to be. 
And I am doing all of that with great SUCCESS!

Remember that:" Genuine love means respecting the humanity of the other person, wanting what is best for him or her, and supporting the other person's self-esteem and independence. This kind of love is incompatible with abuse and coercion."

And a "mind that is stretched by a New Experience can never go Back"

And so, my mind is never going BACK... Moving FORWARD!!

As always, 

Much Love! 
This Diva is checking out!!
<3 Besos <3 

#healinginMotion #standupToAbuse
#getknowledge #identify #makechanges #inspiration #divawisdom


1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled to read this. :))) This book is what brought me to the road of healing. So glad you could finally sit down with it -- and yes if only we could get this book into the hands of every teenage girl -- do you know the number of lives that would be saved. !! Anyway I am so so proud of you and I love you so much, and I think you are an inspiration. You are doing it. and God loves us so much!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete